Rob Raymakers took the paraglidingspots data as well as the most important thermals (alpa) from http://thermal.kk7.ch and made a file to show in xcsoar. Base: Paraglidingspots database 11/2015.
If you want to do it for yourself, find his description below:
- Download TomPoiEdr, link see above
- Download the tomtom-files from http://www.paraglidingspots.com/navigation.aspx
- If you like, also download the thermals from http://thermal.kk7.ch (I only used the top 10000 from the alps) as GPX
- Drag all files into TomPoiEdr. It reads .ov2 and GPX
- Save as .ov2
- Use GPSBabel to convert the .cup. Now you can open it in XCSoar
The .cup can be read in xcsoar. It displays all POIs. The file I created is 2,7MB big.
I haven't chopped it up per country, because i haven't found a way to easily filter POI's based on their gps co-ords into country/areas. The data could be polished a little bit, but for now it works.